Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 148
Why I chose veganism and what I eat

Thread: Why I chose veganism and what I eat

Blog Entries

Why I chose veganism and what I eat

First and foremost, I will tell you that for me, choosing the vegan lifestyle was purely for health reasons. Not that I had a horrible health issue, but because I did not want to. Now all of the other benefits that come along the way are great such as weight loss (I was not overweight), increased energy level, a more clear mind and oh yeah, no harm to animals. I know that some people became vegans strictly because of their passion for animals but that was not me. If saving animals is a result of why I became a vegan then what a bonus!

Now, what do I eat? Well, I'm a vegan that basically cut out the usual. I don't eat any animal meat, fish, any dairy or products of those 3 categories just like any other person labeled a "vegan". In addition, I do not eat bread (except sprouted bread), pasta, refined sugar, anything processed, white rice or much of anything that is not GMO free or organic.

So, I am always asked "What do you eat?" Well, for the most part I eat:

Vegetables and lots of them
    Sprouts
    Fruits (limited)
    Beans and lots of them
    Nuts with an emphasis on walnuts and almonds
    Seeds such as sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, etc.
    Berries (limited)
    Peanut butter with ingredients of peanuts, nothing else.
    Popcorn
    Almond Butter
    Almond Milk
    Walnut butter (not often because it is so expensive)

That is a lot of food and it can be mixed and prepared in a ton of ways to create a delicious variety.

What do you eat and why?
    Admin

I love rice and potatoes! They are so filling and really healthy ^_^

Blog Entries
    I save rice and potatoes for an occasional meal and limit myself to wild rice or brown rice and sweet potatoes instead of regular white ones. Both are delicious.
    Admin